Tuesday 31 May 2011

Beavers Beware!!

It was good to see the return of Springwatch last night, especially as they have chosen to relocate to my favourite reserve – RSPB Ynys Hir.

The format looks the same, although there is still too much nattering and not enough actual wildlife – a perennial bugbear of mine.

Also, it looks like Martin Double-Barrel is enjoying his hair even more than ever this series – a feat I never thought possible!

Perhaps it is no coincidence that they have opted to be near the hippy enclave of Maccynlleth; possibly the only town outside the London borough of Clapham that has enough humus and carrot juice to sustain a BBC production team.

The King may be dead, so long live Charlie Double-Barrel II. Great to see the re-introduced Beavers, but surely I cannot be alone in having a little sympathy with them.

Their de facto incarceration reminded me of Patrick McGoohan’s character “No.6” from the prisoner.

“I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.”

Fat chance – expect Rover to be released should you stray too far Christian...

Until later.

No comments:

Post a Comment