Sunday 19 December 2010

Llocdown

It' s just too feckin' cold to go birding at the moment - especially if you are a wimp like me. I have been known to sport gloves in June - French footballers eat your heart out.

The wildlife cold well do without me clomping around anyway, it's probably best to leave them to their own devices at present.

It was with this in mind that I am slightly surprised to see that some people are continuing to ring birds during this sustained spell of freezing temperatures.

It must be vital scientific work I imagine; the same type that compels people to deliberately target specific - usually rare birds - that have to temerity to avoid capture first time round.

Still there has been some good armchair nature watching this week including BBC2's excellent hour long programme on Butterflies - yet more evidence that the beeb can get things right if they put their minds to it and when not trying to turn the story of a some family from Surrey's delay at Heathrow airport into a human trajedy on the scale of World War 1.

Keep calm and carry on.

Until later.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Paul

    I've had problems with my email,please let me know if you have recieved the message now.

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Paul

    A MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU
    AND ALL YOUR FAMILY

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Paul,

    I really like the blog - I hope you are well?

    Cheers

    Tony.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Paul

    ALL THE VERY BEST FOR THE
    NEW YEAR

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Paul

    There's some superb Wildlife programmes on at the moment,and I agree with you that it's nice to see Butterflies being featured a little bit more as well,and hopefully this will encourage people to take a much greater interest in them.

    ReplyDelete