Tuesday 19 October 2010

Poco Seawatch

Following a night of strong westerly winds and a continued - albeit lighter - north westerly this morning, I spent an hour or so in the dunes at Talacre over high tide this morning.
Whilst I wasn't exactly beating the Skuas off with my Leicas, a few interesting birds flew out of the estuary including a hat-trick of Brent Geese flying west.

Other birds included a handful of distant Common Scoters - that seem to fly like unguided missiles to me - and a couple of Red-breasted Mergansers and Great Crested Grebes.

Of additional interest was what seemed like a decent passage of Common Gulls this morning. Hands-up, I am not what you would call au-fait with their migratory meanderings, but at least thirty adult birds went through today.

Until later.

1 comment:

  1. You have raised an important issue..Thanks for sharing..I would like to read more current affairs from this blog..keep posting..
    domino 99

    ReplyDelete